FBC Holland believes in the mission of the church to spread the Gospel Message of salvation through Jesus Christ to the world, beginning right here in Holland, TX.
We accomplish this message through several avenues –
- Members going on short term mission trips
- Financially supporting missions and missionaries, primarily through the Cooperative Program of the Southern Baptist Convention.
The North American Mission Board (NAMB) is a multi-faceted missions organization that engages in all areas of spreading the gospel. Through the NAMB, the church takes up a yearly “Annie Armstrong Easter Offering” for Southern Baptist Missionaries serving here in North America. For more information, visit their website.
The International Mission Board (IMB) is the missions arm of the Southern Baptist Convention for missions outside the United States and abroad. Through the IMB, the church takes up a yearly “Lottie Moon Christmas Offering”, which is the primary offering for supporting Southern Baptist missionaries that are serving overseas. For more information concerning the IMB, visit their website.
- Operation Christmas Child – this is a ministry of Samaritan’s Purse, which provides Christmas shoe boxes for children in need around the world. For more information on this exciting ministry, which sees thousands of children come to know Jesus each year, please visit their website.
Local missions projects:
- Monthly Holland Community Food Pantry – this phenomenal program serves food to those in need the third Thursday of each month. Presently, it is being facilitated through a “drive-in” pick up, as members of the church pack bags of food items from staples, to meats to comfort foods. The resources for this ministry are made available through the generosity of our church members and others in the community that have a heart for this program and the people it serves.
- School BackPack Ministry – this program is operated through the local Holland Independent School District. Families may sign up their children to receive a weekly backpack filled with easy to prepare food items for an entire weekend. The students then bring the empty backpack back to the school office and then on the next Friday, pick up another one. Again, our members fill these backpacks, and the resources for this ministry are made available through the generosity of our members and other community sources.
- Kid’s Helping Kids Christmas Ministry – This exciting ministry has been featured in the Baptist General Convention of Texas’s missions publications, as well as local newspapers. Kids Helping Kids provides gifts and food during the Christmas season, to children who live in Holland, Texas. It all began in 2005, when a group of students from First Baptist Holland wanted to provide toys to children in the community. The students decided to utilize the Baptist Women Jesus Pal food boxes by adding toys for distribution. That effort became the catalyst for Kids Helping Kids. The families are gifted with boxes of food, toys and clothes – including a pair of new shoes for each child, which is packed and delivered by volunteers.
FBC Holland also supports other various missions efforts, including the Buckner Baptist Children’s Home, in addition to local missions efforts through the Bell Baptist Association. Due to Covid restrictions during the past eighteen months, travel by our church members for the purpose of mission trips was curtailed somewhat, but the church is looking forward to having members put their own “feet on the ground” where God may call them to go and minister to others.